CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 27, 2009

Real Deal Promo

After several attempts, finally was able to successfully book under PAL's Real Deal Promo. The airfare promo was really tempting ... imagine, trip to US at $415 all in! Really amazing low price! Though, as much as I want to avail the US promo, unfortunately, the travel period covers from Sept 1- Dec 25 only. I am on my last term of pregnancy by this time, and I don't think the husband (nor my OB) would allow me to travel anymore. Hehehe!

Nevertheless, since I am unstoppable for any possible last hurrah travel, I was able to grab the promo and booked for a short trip to my fave destination on earth ... Hongkong! my default international travel. LOL! Together with the kids, we are bound to Disneyland again to celebrate my birthday this coming June. I guess last hurrah also for the kids before they go back to school, and last hirit for me before I reach my full preggy term.
Booking online via PAL's Real Deal Promo proved to be very, very difficult and challenging. I've made several attempts online only to end up getting my confirmation through PAL's contact center. And instead of paying online, I ended up paying thru PAL's office. Just imagine the inconvenience of calling their contact center, and lining up for payment ... it was really frustrating! The online system sucks! And I wonder if their ticketing office even use a POS systems to improve their ticketing service. Haaayyy... the price you have to pay for being thrifty or should I say, barat! LOL.

8 comments:

mm said...

uyyy jacq panu ka nakabook? grabe kaw lng ang successful nakapagbook ata hw much did u pay? grabe super hirap magbook gusto ko for july pero super mura na ah pero pahirapan nman

jody said...

ey, ako din...successful through phone...ang labo sa online, hirap magbook. kaya sa phone din ako nakabook. they asked me to pay also sa office. walang kamalay malay si dicky, nagplano na ako! hahaha! sasama na lan sya!

Jacqui said...

hi MM,

syempre medyo kina-career pag book di ba! hehehe! :) sayang din promo eh. sent you offline messages re: booking kwento. sorry, napa-haba kwento.

If ever may offer ang PAL Manila-Tokyo, might grab that instead of HK. Pero, wala talaga eh. Haaay... Di bale, the husband promised next year, for our anniv we will celebrate at Japan daw. Kahit wala shopping, ok lang...makapunta lang sa Japan! hehehe! :)

Jacqui said...

ay naku jody, kagulo mga tao sa real dela promo noh! and super aliw naman talaga kasi imagine australia and us flights, almost 60% off.

If di lang ako full bloom preggy sa travel period ng US (sept-dec), GO talaga ako NY or LA. Sana maulit pa noh, sana sakto din sa Hawaii trip ni Mike January. Laki tipid nun.

Kelan kayo alis pala?

mm said...

jacq- now lng me nakaonline pero didn't get ur offline msg pero finish na dn ang promo eh hay naku sayang tlga! super ilang times me kol ng kol pal pero always busy what number ba kol nyo? y kyo naka contact

Jacqui said...

Naku sayang, haba pa naman ng comment ko doon ... Hehehe!

I was able to get thru using the 855-8888. As in super hirap to call, pero I asked one of my helpers to redial and wait for call center agent. Hehhee! Ayun, after 40 minutes, nakapasok din sya. We tried doing it 7am..pagka-gising ko agad. So, natapos na ako mag bfast, bath and bihis for work..saka naka-tawag si yaya. Hehehe!

Nice yun promo, may meals pa kasama. Got it $220 for 3 pax. Same rate lang adults and kids. Pero exlcudes Phil travel tax and HK tax. Total binayaran ko sa PAL office, $330. Ok na din ... mura na airfare, maganda pa yun time nakuha ko.

But, if you will purchase online and nabigyan ka ng e-ticket, you will pay the P1,620 per head travel tax sa PAL counter. But your credit card will be charged with $220 lang, yun actual fare online.

mm said...

sayang nga, i was calling the same number pero grabe tlga di me makacontact khit gabi na, mura na nga nakuha mo swerte and congrats pag may tiyaga nga tlga may nilaga hehehe sana magkaron ng ganyan promo ulit

Anonymous said...

Hi
Im just wondering if youre pushing through with your travel this June.

I was also able to book under the Real Deal Promo and went through the same ordeal. Thing is, im planning to cancel the trip because of the swine flu. I wanted to cancel or reroute but PAL wont accede because of the restrictions. We are booked June 1-5 bound for HK.

If youre planning on cancelling as well, do you it matter if we(real deal ticket holders) petition them to reconsider the cancellation policy?

Thanks for your insight. Here's my email add: biancayanga@yahoo.com