CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 17, 2011

gadget upgrade


Hard to choose eh? I am thinking of upgrading my Nokia E-72 to a different gadget this year. And of course, the endless debate, which phone is better. Blackberry or iPhone?

As I've read to some popular gadget site: The BlackBerry Bold is very well built, and should last as long as you would like it to, barring any kind of abuse on the light weight device. While the iPhone 3G is also built very well, the inside engineering is great, the glass is precision-laser-cut, and it should be able to stand a bit more abuse than that of the BlackBerry. Over-all look, think iPhone classy and sassy to use for a normal corporate girl like me.

In terms of function, the BlackBerry can handle anything that you would normally do from Outlook on your Exchange server, and it is a perfect desktop extension. The BlackBerry is said to be the most secure device in the world for business use. The iPhone needs more testing with its security, the device deployment tools need some work, which leaves the iPhone with more to prove in the business world.
Though it is really hard to choose, as they are equally both functional and beautiful, I guess the bottomline how I plan to use it. As I am more of interested with all the applications that can be loaded to my phone, and as I love music, think the iPhone will be perfect for me. Instant access to iTunes for my favorite songs.
However, the office is more inclined to get Blackberry phones with blackberry case for our sales people. Why? for easy access to emails. As we need to be on field most of the time, coordinating with our support groups via web is much faster and efficient for all of us. The email capabilities are more sophisticated than the iPhone: attachments are easily opened and capable to edit excel and word docs. The QWERTY keyboard on the BlackBerry makes emailing quicker and easier than that of the iPhone touchscreen hence why this is still the phone of choice of our company. And since they will give it for FREE ... why not! =)

0 comments: