CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 19, 2010

wishlist revised ...

There are only two timepiece that I dream to own in my lifetime ... The ultimate Rolex two-toned perpetual date-just and Cartier's tank watch. And since I can't afford my dream watch ...perhaps this Christmas, will be settling to own the tank watch! Now I am torn if will get the tank in silver stainless stell bracelet or leather strap. What do you think?



The Tank is a line of watches made by Cartier. It was created by Louis Cartier in 1917, and inspired by the new Renault tanks which Cartier saw in use on the Western Front[1], and the prototype watch was presented by Cartier to General John Pershing of the American Expeditionary Force. Its lines and proportions are similar to those of tanks found on First World War battlefields; it is both a square and a rectangle, and its straps are concealed under vertical sidepieces so as to be hidden from view. Tanks (usually) have blue, sword-shaped hands with silvered opaline guilloché dials. The winding crowns on Tanks, like those of most Cartier watches, have sapphire cabochons on them. The most recent version of the Tank is the Tank Française, released in 1996. -- wikipedia

4 comments:

Gracie said...

get the tank silver...really classy! i love mine to bits! got it as a wedding present from the hubby.

Apols said...

cartier is my dream watch :P

I prefer the leather :D

Jacqui said...

hi gracie!

happy holidays to you and your family! =)

yes, the husband gave me the tank francaise (medium) in stainless steel. It was a tough choice between tank leather but he decided to give me the classic one... happy, happy! =)

Jacqui said...

apols (and junn), merry christmas!! =)

yes, dream watch ko tank cartier ever since ...next to rolex two-toned which can't afford forever na ata! =(

mike got me the tank francaise stainless ...pero super type ko leather din! ganda for jeans di ba? but decided not to get it ...since si Mike bibili ng gift for me, pinili ko mas mahal!! LOL

ako na lang bibili ng tank francaise leather next year siguro! bwahahaha! =)

happy new year!! =)