CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 30, 2009

the black car ...



... gone in 90 minutes.

My 42-month old Honda City A/T car was just posted three days ago at our company's classified ads portal, and it was immediately bought by an ex-colleague last Friday. Though I know I am bound to let go of the car eventually, but it never occurred to me that it would be negotiated, paid and taken in less than 90 minutes that day. It happened so fast! Surprsingly fast. I was not even prepared to let go of my car, and the husband and I haven't even formally said our good-byes to her.
The buyer loved what he saw and offered outright cash payment. We went to the nearest BPI bank (which is just 3-minutes away from my office), and transferred the payment to my account. Yes, transferred the payment without even executing deed of sale. Very trusting buyer!

Hence, after our 15-minute bank visit, I immediately cleared my personal belongings, sadly stashed my things inside a big plastic bag, handed the car keys and legal documents to the new owner and unceremoniously signed the Deed of Sale. Lastly, using my camera phone, took some pictures of the car and bid my short farewell to her. Then the car was gone approximately within 90-minutes.
Suddenly, I was left with a heavy and sad heart as it leaves the parking area. It pains me seeing the black car driven by a stranger. When I went to work that morning, it never occurred to me that it would be my last day to ride or drive this baby. Never did it crossed my mind that it'll be my last time to sing and laugh inside it. My black Honda car ... my refuge and comfort zone from the city madness for the past three years.
By lunchtime, the husband called me and with a sad voice it dawned to him that the black car already gone. Call it delayed reaction, but he too felt a big part of us already gone... gone forever. But as a consolation, the husband told me the car served its purpose. It was used well. Lovingly cared by the family. And it was sold at the right time, at a right price. And it's about time to move on ...

4 comments:

abie said...

ang bilis nga...pero ok lang yan, you get to buy a new one as your bday present...

Jacqui Co-Soriano said...

hi abie,

sobrang bilis and talagang the entire day I was almost in state of shock, di ko nga alam paano pupunta sa gimik ko that night ... nag-hanap pa ako maghahatid sa akin. hehehe!

yun nga, good side ... ready na yun kapalit ni black car. Napabilis tuloy pagdating, kaya di na masyado masakit sa loob. Mapa-aga bday gift ko by one week. Hehehe!

kelly said...

sad nga yan. pero don't fret, liligaya ka din soon :)

Gracie said...

it's really painful to let go of things, kahit tangible lang sila. no worries, i'm sure nandyan na ang replacement car mo. what a birthday gift, di ba? :)