CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 15, 2010

healthcare providers

Together with some of my officemates, we went earlier to Medical City to have our humanpapillo virus (HPV) shot. It's a must for women since cervical cancer is second deadliest cancer for women particularly in Asia. It's a series of shots, for two consecutive months and with last shot, six months apart. I've been bugging my colleagues to take the plunge as it is neccessary esepcially for women who are sexually active. And I am glad they heed my plea. Though our current healthcard provider doesn't cover our HPV shots, I wish they do since the price of each shot is quite pricey, at around $40 for each dose, excluding doctor's fees. Anyhow, I've read in some countries, some healthcare providers even extends financial assistance especially in cases of social security disability claim and insurance. Wish we have the same set-up here. That would be quite ideal eh.

0 comments: