CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Bangkok Trip : Day 4

Our last day in Bangkok. We woke up around 7am to prepare our things for our way back to Manila. As usual, we had our breakfast buffet at the Sky Lounge, 43rd floor of the hotel. After breakfast, I stepped out to the tiangge shops near the hotel for last minute shopping. Here I already bought our pasalubongs like the ref magnets and of course, the sweet and sour tamarind for our families and colleagues. Since the tiangge stores were open as early as 7am, I was able to buy some blouses for myself at THB100 each. Real good deal. Unfortunately my shopping experience in BKK tiangges not that good. Most of the items on sale were free size (or one size only), No sizes available for my built! I really hate it! No fitting allowed also in most stalls. LOL. Anyway, was still able to get some nice blouses for myself, hoping these items will fit me. Hehehe!

At 1140am, the service car arrived for our airport pick up. Travel time from the hotel to airport, 45 minutes thus by 1230pm, we were already queuing up for luggage check in. Upon check in, we were told that our flight was delayed for two hours. New flight time at 550pm. We were given meal vouchers (THB240 each) to compensate for the delayed flight. I hate it. But of course we can't do anything but wait. With more than 4 hours waiting time we just ate, roamed, shopped and checked our mails online.
while waiting inside the Surambhuvit International airport

Inside the Gucci store. Another impulse buying (blame it on the delayed flight! LOL). Getting a new bag is not part of the plan but can't resist the good deal. New arrival of Gucci Jolie Summer 2009 bag at THB2000 off plus THB2000 cash voucher that can be used any store inside the airport.


So what did the husband bought for the THB2000 cash voucher I got from Gucci? Hard drinks! He happily bought three Johhnie Walker Black Label (with free travel luggage) plus Chivas Regal.


After three hours of flight travel, we arrived in NAIA around 8pm (Manila time). One hour later from the time of Bangkok. Immigration went well with no long lines. Everything went well despite the small glitch with one of the customs officer. I was questioned due to the Gucci paper bag I was holding. Our conversation went like this:
Officer: Ma'am, Louis Vuitton ba yan?
Me: Hindi. Gucci. (ovious ba, written sa paper bag nga!)
Officer: Ah.. may tax kasi pag Louis Vuitton.
Me: Ah talaga...Gucci ito eh.
Officer: Magkano bili nyo sa bag?
Me: Discounted eh sa duty free mall ng Bangkok.
Officer: Ah ... pag LV kasi may tax. Thank you.

Then I saw a lady next to me holding a Chanel paper bag which obviously bought also inside the Bangkok airport too. She was not questioned or stopped. Makes me think our custom's policy keen on getting tax for Louis Vuitton items but not on Gucci, Prada or Chanel bags. Hahaha! These bags are sometimes more expensive than LV. Hahaha!

Anyway that concludes our 4D/3N Bangkok experience. Thank you for reading my long post and hope you were able to pick some travel tips or ideas with my Thailand experience. 'Til my next travel post.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear, never never NEVER hand-carry a newly bought luxury bag kahit Gucci. I heard of a story na tinaxan ng 4k pesos for a luxury bag - and if i'm not mistaken, it was a gucci.

congrats on the new bag! =)

Anonymous said...

naku really, maiinit tlga mata ng customs sa lv tnx for the tip jacq=)

Jacqui said...

Hi Kelly,

Yup, correct ka doon. Di ko kasi nailagay yun Gucci bag kasi naka-check-in na yun luggage namin. I bought the bag kasi sa airport while waiting for our flight. Wala ako pwede siksikan. Hehehe! Baka masira naman if I fold it sa backpack ni Mike :(

Buti yun sa customs that time, LV hinahanap na bag. Hahaha! Ayaw nya ng Gucci at Chanel. Sa LV lang mainit! :)

Kaya lesson learned, sa mga bibiyahe..dapat may extra plastic bag kayo sa bag nyo pang-takip ng last minute shopping sa airport! hehehe! :)

Jacqui said...

Hi MM,

I was lucky that time siguro kasi di nya feel mag-tax for Gucci. LV lang hinahabol nya...hehehe!

Iwas ka na lang din, dala ka ng malaki plastic bag for emergency purposes! Hehehe!

Btw, I think mas mura sa BKK yun item because of cash discount, and cash vouchers. I got total of 4K THB off sa price eh. Not bad. Di ko pa alam price dito Manila, di ko pa nakita yun bag na jolie sa store eh.