CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 2, 2009

top 1 again ...

Last week received a very good news from Kuya Ico, he got his 2nd semester report card. Same as last grading period, he again made me proud ... he was again recognized as Top 1 of his class. I was really happy and proud of his good grades.

And just this evening, he called me to give me another good news. He participated in the math quiz bee contest today in school. He won FIRST PLACE on the said contest. Wow! Really galing galing! Last year, he joined the same contest and it was his first time to participate and qualify in a math quiz bee. He didn't win anything and we just laugh about it, told him it's the experience that counts. But this year, he was back with a vengence! LOL. Kidding aside, he proudly told me he was able to beat the kids who won last year. Really happy for him. Believe it or not, I didn't pressure him to study or excel on anything. I just let him enjoy school. As a matter of fact didn't enrol him in any advance or kumon class. I think he simply enjoyed tweaking with numbers.LOL.
Picture below shows Ico's 2nd sem report card (L), Math quiz bee contest invite for parents (R)

I am one proud Mom again. He really makes me proud by having a smart kid! And now, he's already dropping hints on his much-coveted graduation gift. A new laptop. Hahaha! I think he deserves the gadget especially this would help him with his studies. As promised, I am already saving up for his 13th birthday cum graduation gift. I am busy checking for laptop notebooks options to suit his needs, while busy checking out some promotional pens online for our upcoming corporate event at SMX. Hopefully I can find good value items that will fit my budget.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

he's such a smart kid lucky you=)

Anonymous said...

wow, galing naman ni ico! Congrats to him and to the proud mom of course!

Vina P said...

wow! congrats! i'm sure you're so proud of your son.

i noticed in the card na taga-LSM pala si ico. :-) my dad (mr. dayo) used to be the high school principal in LSM. ala lang :-)

Jacqui said...

hi MM and jody,

yup, really proud of Ico! kelangan ihanda and reward nya..hehehe!

Jacqui said...

hi vina,

Talaga principal dad mo at LSM. Ok naman dun school na yun, napaka-simple ng mga kids. Di mayayabang.

Sarap siguro maging principal daddy, lakas mo sa teahcers...hehehe! kaya lang di ka naman nag-aral LSM, sayang! hahaha!