CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 22, 2008

finally booked ...


for Sam's 4th birthday party.

I've already confirmed my bookings at Mc Donald's, El Pueblo for November 8, Saturday --- four days after Sam's actual birthdate. Booking my preferred date was not at all difficult. As a matter of fact, I was the first one to book for the month of November in their books. The party assistant was surprised that I am reserving the place three months ahead. Well, if this is the usual clubhouse party, I guess three months already quite late. Talk about being OA and OC! lol.

Anyway, as promised to hubby I'll just throw a simple party this year for Sam. I want her to blow her birthday cake with lots of kids around. Thus, Mc Donalds is a perfect budget party place. I told hubby got no plans to be the OC party mom this time. I'll just make it short and sweet for the kids and will work out within the budget.

BUT, as I was negotiating with the party assistant I was surprised and ultra-happy I was able to get the approval for the ff: (well, almost everything!)

* continue my party theme : strawberry shortcake at mc do-landia
* bring in my own balloons/balloon decors/ table centerpieces
* dress up the place with decors etc.
* bring in my own party tarpaulin (stage) including my 2 x 5 standee
* bring in my own lootbags/give-aways.
* bring in my own party cake (can be served as long as with waiver)
* themed pinata or pabitin
* prizes or games
* bring my own glitter tattoo or face painting (after several pa-cute!)

Unfortunately, mc do wont allow bringing in my own entertainment or host. Party games and hosting should be done by mc donald's crew. well, minor problem... I don't have budget anyway for magic shows :) Food carts not allowed too.

You might be wondering how I will dress up the place with the 1.5 hours limited party time at mc do. Of course being the OC mom I am ... I reserved two party slots! Yes, they allowed me to do this! hahaha! So, with few thousand bucks extra --- got my desired party time. I reserved 400-530pm and 6-730pm slots! Wohooohoo! So we've got extra time for games and chicka time with guests. Aliw noh?! And the best part, since I got two party slots...two mascots (kiddie mc do and grimace) will appear for the mascot show! and twice pa!! Yippeee!! I so love Mc Do!

Anyway since I've got until Sunday to confirm my reservation, I am considering Greenbelt as a party venue due to its playground inside the party premise. Hubby thinks otherwise. He prefers party venue to be accessible to our family and friends. Hmmm...let's see.

I just hope (and pray) that my blog moolah will save me this time. One of the reasons why I got hubby's approval for another party this year, due to promise of my blog moolah. lol! With barely three months left, I am hoping the web raket will be kind and generous to me...I really, really hope! Wish me luck.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jacqui. I'm a lurker at your blog.

Anyway, I'm also booked for my eldest daughter's 3rd birthday naman in McDo El Pueblo. Like you, I got din two slots. May I ask, who did you speak with sa El Pueblo? I asked Cherry kasi before, sabi niya puede raw to bring in a different party host as long as games lang daw and walang mga magic show. In the end, I decided no to get an outside host para tipid. :) Mag-ce-celebrate kasi kami sa house on-the-day and sa school kaya medyo kailangan mag penny pinching. Haha. :)

Jacqui said...

hi kristine.

I think si Cherry din yun kausap ko. Really, pwede daw to bring my own party host. She told me di daw pwede kasi ... Mc Do crew lang daw talaga. Kaya super kulit ko pa nga siya if ok mag-English yun host..ok naman daw. They can facilitate the game naman.

Anyway, kwento naman...ok ba party hosting nila? How about yun mascots, 2 talaga nag-appear kasi two slots yun booking? Hehehe!

Super thanks!!

SWITTOOTH said...

jacqui! same tayo mcdo rin si ize.
buti ka pa pwedeng kainin yung cake samen hinde pwede, pwdeng magdala for blowing purposes only hehehe.. aliw nga din ako sa mcdo kasi full meal na tapos reasonable pa ung price. how much for extra hour? hinde ko natanong e hehehe

Paco said...

Wooohoooo! Party time! am i invited? you guys must be tired of inviting us because we're the worst of titos and titas. but I'll be there (if i get invited hehe)!

-Paco

Anonymous said...

Sa Sept 6 pa yung party namin. Sige, kwentuhan kita kung okay. :) Sana talaga okay!

Jacqui said...

Thanks Kristine!

Went to Mc Do El Pueblo last Sat, ok daw to bring my own host and if may konti talent sa balloon twisting, ok lang din. Hehehe!

Wow..next week na pala yun :) Goodluck sa party!

Happy Birthday to your daughter :)

Melisse said...

aga mag pa reserve ah! :)