CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 2, 2009

celebrations

Happy 2009! New year, new beginnings and new hope for all of us. I can't believe this is my first post for the year. So how was your new year's eve celebration? Ours still with a bang...very loud bang since hubby spent quite a lot for fireworks this year. Really loud and impressive fireworks from Dragon and Bulacan. Though I begged him not to spend so much on fireworks but hubby insisted. He was happy with all our 2008 blessings, thus he welcomed 2009 with greater and louder bang. He strongly believes with the power of fireworks. Driving the bad spirits (luck) away, that is. No, he's not chinese nor any streak of chinese blood can be found in his system but he strongly believes on this. Ako ata yun intsik noh?! Hahaha!
Anyway on the eve of new year, we heard mass as early as 630pm. This is to avoid the noisy fireworks along the streets. We had the traditional media noche with my usual prepared viands (kaldereta and buttered shrimps), fruit salad, spaghetti, pork barbecue and hotdogs. My family spent new year's eve with us thus making the celebration even special. It was their first time to celebrate with us. And they had a blast! Good food, good wine, good company and with a lot of fireworks ... the best celebration.
I'll try to post some of our New Year's celebration pictures later. I am stil sorting our holiday pictures and I can't believe we had over 400+ photos! Yes, 400 photos that need to be sorted. I need to select photos I want to keep otherwise my laptop will scream for higher storage capacity. Which reminds me, I need to seriously consider upgrading my notebook. It badly needs memory upgrade and I can't put this off for another month.

So again, happy new year! Wishing everyone all the best for 2009! :)

0 comments: