CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Simple Birthday Treat

Yesterday I celebrated my birthday... another year older, but wiser, I hope.

I just had simple and quiet celebration with my family, with no fuss and frills. I simply enjoyed my day pampered and loved by hubby and the kids. I guess as you grow older, you prefer to celebrate birthdays the simple way. Just enjoying quiet and more bonding time with the family.


So how did I spend my special day ... with my family, of course.

Day before my birthday was on BL or Birthday Leave. As I blogged before, I need to do some series of labaratory clearance for my upcoming thyro-glossal duct cyst operation. My BL was the perfect time to complete these requirements. As early as 9am I was at Medical City for biopsy test and series of lab exams. After lunch, went to meet up my Mom for our final decision on the memorial lot at Heritage Park we plan to get. Went home by 3pm and cuddled with Sam the entire afternoon. By 7pm, Kuy Ico, Sam and I met up with hubby for dinner at Promenade Greenhills and watched Kung Fu Panda movie. Went home late and bought take out ice cream and pizza from Yellow Cab and had my birthday asalto late-night snack while watching Dr. House series.


The next day (my birthday) we all woke up late. My Mom arrived together with my sister by lunch with my Tiramisu birthday cake and my favorite buttered crab. I just cooked spaghetti and chicken corn as additional food for lunch.


the yummy lunch pictures ...



Sadly, they forgot to get me birthday candles ... but pretended to wish na lang din! Hahaha!



After the yummy meal we had for lunch, hubby and I decided to go out on a date night. Went to Promenade again for late dinner at Teriyaki Boy to satisfy hubby's craving for sukiyaki and makis.




Then after dinner, we had coffee at Starbucks. Capuccino overload for me! With a good cup of coffee, wonderful company, great conversation ... the night was simply perfect!





By 11 pm, we decided to have a good laugh at Zirkoh Comedy Bar at Greenhills. I enjoyed watching Wally and Jose's stand up comedy show. Believe me, worth every cent watching the guys perform. Really funny and I can't stop laughing the enitre night. Never had that tummy-aching laugh for quite sometime now. I think really good food for the soul.


at Zirkoh entrance ...dyahe pa si hubby pa-pix noh!


stand-up comedians as fillers for the show ...


primetime show performers: wally and jose -- really hilarious!


Went home really tired and sleepy by 3am. Enjoyed my day so much. Had simple but great birthday celebration. The entire day was spent with the love of my life.

In case you are wondering how come I never mentioned any birthday gift from hubby, well... hubby decided not to give me anything "yet". After losing my weight challenge bet, he promised me to give me travel gift instead anytime this quarter. During our coffee conversation, he told me he will bring me to Tokyo or Korea. Was delighted of course! He initially offered me to join him at Memphis, US but I declined. Been there and I want to visit something new this time. Tokyo or Korea will be great! I so want to see Japan...and experience Korea too! Hahaha! Let's see. I am hoping I can visit both this year. lol.

To all my friends who greeted me and remembered my natal day, thank you so much! I am so blessed having great friends like you!! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prezados clientes


Quem quer comprar carne de 1ª qualidade é favor de me contactar...vendemos carne fresca do sudoeste asiático.Carne tenra e fresca ( ainda menores)de primeira mão, sem doenças contaminadas, algumas ainda usa fraldas....vitório é prova de qualidade. também tenho bom vinho, da terra do meu avô, loucor beirão acompanhado com o chouriço português do meu avô...ainda tenho pra vender os meus tomates, ainda virgens e frescas...acompanha de suco bem doce...pois confeço que tenho diabetes, ainda vendo em saldos bananão bem grande de de marca tiu monte, acreditam que nunca viram banana tão grande e ríj, também acompanhada de suco que é especialidade da casa...não esqueçam que também tenho chourição (dos grandes)à venda e tão boa qualidade que até se vibram...fazemos entregas ao domicílio...para terminar apresento-vos o meu chouricao de burro, directamente do meu quintal sempre de melhor qualidade, e garanto-vos que vão ficar mais espertos depois de comer chourição de burro

saudações

Vitório Rosário Cardoso

The Early Bird said...

Please come to Japan.
Have a nice trip.

Thanks.

Peachy said...

happy birthday!!!! see you soon girl! God bless!

Anonymous said...

happy happy birthday girl! i wish you more blessings :)

Gracie said...

happy birthday jacqui! many happy returns! :)

Unknown said...

A tailored red pant, for example, looks great against the neutral tones of our Authentic ugg boots and is sure to attract attention. This season, shorter boots are back with a vengeance, making our Classic ugg and our Ultra uggs two obvious must-haves. Modern fitted blouse and a pair of Ultra Short or Classic Short ugg ultimate bind creates a chic and glamorous silhouette that will function well in more elegant settings. You might also consider a wide-legged, woolen trouser worn over one of our shorter style ugg ultimate bind boots .