CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 21, 2009

LV Shopping at SNG

So what did I get for myself from our recent trip in Hongkong? NOTHING. Even a teeny-weeny item for myself. The husband and the kids shopped for clothes all right, while I ... I went home empty-handed. A first time experience. LOL. You see, I was looking forward of getting my ultimate Mother's Day/birthday/push present gift in HK ... unfortunately, my dream gift (of course, THE bag) was not available in all their three stores. Too bad.
With so much shopping frustrations in HK, I then look forward to my Singapore visit few days after. Very much excited and eager to visit Takashimaya in Ngee Ann City, THE bag nowhere to be found again! Grrrr... Actually, just like in HK, THE bag style is available but not on the particular color (black) I like. Hard to find item, huh?!
Nevertheless, I vowed not to go home empty-handed this time. I settled for something practical and very much useful for my everyday corporate use. Out of frustration, I rewarded myself with LV Speedy 30 in Azure (white). Yes, bought it on my own pocket and not part of my "gift bargain" from the husband. Luckily, the LV store in Orchard Road has one stock available. Think it was destined for me! :) I checked this item at LV HK, unfortunately no Speedy 30 size available in all their HK shops. I guess I was lucky to get the bag in SNG anyway, was able to avail 5.3% rebate (not as 7% GST refund as claimed by SNG tourist board). Cheaper compared to LV Manila and LV HK.

LV Speedy 30 in Azure

Btw, prior getting the Speedy 30, it was a tough choice between getting this and the NOE in Azure. I almost got the NOE for its beauty and spacious size, but hesitated due to the natural brown leather strap and wide base of NOE. You see, the light-colored leather material tends to darken over time which I don't like with LVs. Hence, I opted getting the Speedy 30, with only the handles to think about getting dark over time.

The next day, I went back to Orchard Road for last minute shopping pasalubong. I was pretty successful of staying away from excessive shopping of baby things at Takashimaya but I guess I was not that good in bag temptations. LOL. After Jody asked me to take a peek at LV store for her Insolite wallet, I was mesmerized by the small damier bag sitting on the glass counter. Call it love at first sight. Love the gold bling-bling so much! I love how girly and practical the LV EVA bag for night parties. Be it formal or casual, it gives an ooomph to one's attire. Hehehe. Bought it in an impulse. Yes, I am bad when I am frustrated. Blame it on my much coveted dream bag! LOL.
The Damier LV Eva clutch bag in Ebene (brown) color. This bag comes with two straps. Simply perfect. Gold chain for formal/cocktail parties. And brown leather strap for across-the-body style. Love it, love it! Affordable and practical choice. Don't you think so?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new bags, Jacqui.

Too bad about not getting your dream bag, though. I can totally relate! Perhaps you can consider other alternatives/means to get your dream bag. Some girls at the Purse Forum use a personal shopper to get their C bags in the US and ship them here using Johnny Air Cargo. I believe the wait is only 5 days from the time the bag is purchased at the boutique by the personal shopper until you receive it here in Manila. Good luck!

Oh, and I totally think you should get your dream bag. I have it in light gold (the new color) and black and they're my favorite bags.

Good luck!

L

Jacqui Co-Soriano said...

Hi L,

Thanks for reading my long post and for the bag shopping tip via personal shopper .

Actually, since this will be my first (and I think my last) C bag, I would really want to get the bag by myself.

Call it weird, but I want to personally pick, choose, pay for my dream bag. Hehehe! For the luxurious experience and "feel-good" feeling of owning and walking out from the store holding my dream bag. Hahaha! Weird, huh? Kasi nga it may be my first and last to get the "C" bag.

jane said...

of course you didnt want to go home empty handed this time diba? haha ayan two bags pa. congrats on your two new babies!

Gracie said...

congrats on the new bags. yup, the patina on a Noe is difficult to keep clean and maintain. kaya nga for now, Damier na muna, especially since LV has scrapped out the free yearly cleaning and refreshing to launch their DIY cleaning kit.

don't worry, i'm sure you'll get your dream bag soon.

Jesse Pega said...

Wow nice bags Jacqui! Congrats! Love the Azur line din kaso takot ako sa maintenance. But I would love to own one soon hehehe. Congrats again!

Jacqui said...

Thanks, jane. Talagang dapat may bitbit noh?! Ayoko naman wala na nga for me sa HK, pati sa SNG pa.

Pero super shopping galore ako at SNG. Bought baby items : avent bottles, nipples, teether toys, baby bibs, disney items for sam at 5 sandals from Charles and Keith. Hehehe! ME time talaga!

Jacqui said...

Gracie,

aahhh patina ba tawag dun? is that how you call the light brown leather or noe base?

pero yun nga, happy ako sa damier. low maintenance talaga. most of the time my NF and speedy 30, I use it for my pang-harabas bag. hehehe!

Jacqui said...

Go Jesse with the Damier Azure. Perfect for casual attire ... and corporate attire too!

Goes well with skimpy shorts, most of the time naka-shorts ako ngayon eh :)

mm said...

cheaper tlga lv sa SNG? how bout chanel? uyy nice ung damier tsaka pagibody bag mo sya tpos naka short ka cute=) may nakita nga me b4 nice lv vernis pero mahal kse liit lng eh pero super cute hehe congrats! wait for the C nalng nxt trip bka meron na