CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 3, 2008

full weekend ...

It was a full weekend for us. Starting from May 1, Labor Day Holiday, we've been mostly out with our families extending help or assistance to them. Believe me... it was tiring, hectic but super fun and fulfilling week, and we are happy to share our time with our families.

May 1: Thursday
We went car hunting for my Mom. We promised to help my Mom search for a second hand car for her everyday use. As early as 930am, we were already out, checking from one car shop to another in search for a perfect car that would fit her budget. After careful selection, happy to say we were successful by 2pm and chose a 2nd hand Toyota car for my Mom, settled the earnest money and prepared the deed of sale.

By 4pm we were at Heritage Memorial Park in Taguig. My mom asked us to check the memorial lot she's interested on buying. We were pleased with the location she chose, and we approved with her lot purchase. Good thing hubby joined us also with this trip for he was also interested with the memorial lawn lot. He decided to purchase one for our family use ... just in case something happens to us. We are scheduled for ocular visit, final contract closing and payment by next week.

Since I also gave my Mom my old Nokia phone, we decided to go to Greenhills tiangge to change the lithium battery and casing. Just to give the old phone a new look. We were able to do some tiangge shopping for ourselves. Got shirts, hair clips for Sam and shorts for hubby. Best buy, matching shorts for Sam and me!

After tiring day, had dinner at WOK in Pormenade Greenhills. Went home past ten and the little girl was so tired and fell asleep on our way home.

May 2: Friday

Went on vacation leave today. Wohoohoo!! Nope, did not spend vacationing or relaxing. But, need to do some errands and more bonding time with my Mom.

Brought Samantha to her summer class. Had a few chit chat with the school principal on Sam's performance. Happy to hear she's doing well in her summer class. Learned that she enjoys dancing/ballet class more. Discussed some school observation/comparisson between Poveda and St. Paul Pasig. Was told that students from Poveda are bullies. Now I am worried if Sam will turn out to be a bully...or if she will be bullied by others.

By mid-afternoon, went to my bank to deposit checks, enrol my TPIN, pick up my check book re-order (almost two months forgotten!) and requested for Manager's Check as payment to my Mom's car. After my bank visit, went to my fave jeweller for our necklace repair. Hubby's gold chain was cut, while my white gold lock needed some repair. The repair job was over in less than 20 minutes.

Met my Mom at Megamall at 4pm. The place was jam-packed with eager and thrift shoppers like us who took advantage of the three-day sale. Bought my Mom early Mother's Day gift (Denman combs and hairbrush) and treated her for a hair cut at David's Salon. My Mom was inspired by Sam's new hair cut thus she did the ala-greta look too! Did some kikay shopping with my mom (make up, concealers, lipsticks and other beauty essentials), printed some pictures at Kameraworld, bought gift at TK for our party next day and splurge a little at Our Home for some house decors and picture frames. We had few snacks in-between our shopping to catch some latest family gossip...hehehe! Then went home super tired by dinner time.
Happy that my Mom decided to spend the night with us. I miss chatting non-stop with my Mom...we rarely have time to do some "catching up" lately, been busy with work I guess. And Sam misses her so much.
May 3: Saturday

As early as 9am, we already went to pick up my Mom's car from the car seller. Hubby was patiently teaching my Mom with the newly acquired car. He even checked everything was in order from the documents, receipts, tools and the car features. Really thankful that hubby is doing this for my Mom. One of the reasons why my Mom loves hubby so much! Aside from being patient with me...he's also helpful and very patient with my Mom. If you know my Mom you will be surprised how kulit she can be sometimes. hehehe!

By lunchtime, we were at Edsa Shangrila to attend 1st Birthday party of twins Brianna and Kayla. Adorable twins of hubby's officemate. The place was magically transformed to Strawberrylandia. Really, really beautiful!! Loved the Strawberry Shortcake decors and stage backdrop done by Partyworks. Food was great especially the desserts...mostly strawberry flavored sweets! The organizer, JP Montilla was present too! Was surprised he can choreographed kiddie parties too...thought he's into wedding parties only. I think this is one of the grandest (and expensive) kiddie party I've attended. Sam had a great time with the games, she got looot of looties and prizes. Mommy was very helpful you know, especially with the balloon burst!lol. My Neverfull bag got full this time with Sam's strawberry shortcake looties and gift packs.

By 3pm, we left the hotel to meet up with my MIL and hubby's uncle at Toyota Shaw. We promised to help them in securing new car for the family. We negotiated better freebies and interest rates for them. Was able to get P40K discount! Great deal! Plus the rear spoiler with LED was given as free item. Hubby joined the test drive for an Innova car. MIL was happy that the car loan application went like a breeze. Car will be ready by next week for release. Very timely for our summer family outing.

After our visit at Toyota, we all got hungry and went for afternoon snack at Jade Palace. Beef wonton and mami, siomai and siopao flooded the table. From Jade Palace, we checked party venue at Taguig for our uncle's 50th birthday this coming May 24. Reserved the pool side at Alta Guia which I think will be perfect for our summer luau party. My next assignment, party planning!

May 4: Sunday

After being so busy for the past three days, hubby and I spent our Sunday as our "me" time. We woke up late, around 11am and watched Oscar De La Hoya's boxing fight. Then at 2pm, I went to Megamall alone for more sale shopping time. Hehehe! Bought few ornaments again from Our Home, lipstick from Maybelline at 20% off, and some school essentials for Kuya Ico. Then met up hubby and Sam at Meralco Camp for her weekend football game. After the game, Hubby had his much needed haircut, while I drove Sam to her favorite drive-thru food: Jollibee!

Whew..really taxing weekend huh! But really, really glad was able to help and spend our time with our family, especially with my Mom and MIL.

Haayyy..til next weekend kwento. Our group summer outing at Clearwater Country Club in Clark! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ey, officemate pala ni Mike ang husband ni Meann? Uy, dapat nagkita tayo dun. We are supposed to attend but I have a wedding last saturday. Meann is from edsa shang kasi and she's the favorite AE of all the members of our association! We were also invited eh. Yes, JP, also a friend coordinated that bday party as a gift for Meann. My coordinatr friends were also there. Naku sayang, namiss ng kiddos ko ang loots! All friends of meann halos ang suppliers dun.

Jacqui Co-Soriano said...

ei jody, really taga-shang pala sya! super nice yun party...grabe decors. Ganda ng strawberrylandia! Gusto ko nga hiramin for Sam's party eh! Tamang-tama Strawberry Shortcake theme ko ngayon! :) Sayang, di tayo nagkita...

Jesse Pega said...

hi jacqui! Wow full packed weekend! Hay me rin but will post my kwento soon. M kinda feeling sick nowadays. Anyways, jp montilla was our wedding coordinator. That guy's great! Glad to know he's now doing kiddie parties :)