CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 26, 2008

securing the future ...

Being the eldest in the family, I designated myself as the financial advisor of my Mom. My brother thinks it is also a wise decision that I hold on and invest my Mom's money than allow her to manage her finances on her own. For one, my Mom is very much naive (and trusting!) with all the scams available in the market now. You see, my Mom fell into some "quick-rich" money scam years ago and it saddens me to think she lost quite a sizable amount by investing on gold coins as well as into multi-level marketing scheme. Too bad she hid these risky-investments from us thinking her money will return thousand-folds in less than three months. Too good to be true, eh? At first, she was able to get good money as "interest" or revenue from her investment. But sadly, the company folded, ran with the invested money and never returned. The worst part, it was one of my Mom's closest friend who lured her into this quick-rich scams. She too can no longer be found!
Because of this, my Mom learned her lesson. Never to invest on something unknown, never to investment on quick-rich scheme, heed the advise of others, and she need to be transparent with the family should she wish to invest on something.

I told her to consider securing her future instead. She's not getting any younger. She needs to re-think how she wanted her life to be when she reaches her prime years. Getting a life insurance for one is a good option. It does not only secure her future, but she can also help the family she will leave behind. Or probably she can invest her money on secured negotiable financial investments such as T-bills and stocks. Interest may be low, but will give security and peace of mind. Or probably invest on a parcel of lot that will yield high appreciation value especially for developing areas. With all these options, I am helping her secure her future without the risk of falling into scams again.
Well, I just hope my Mom listen this time ... yes, I think she will. After all that happened, she learned her lesson. Just the hard way, though.

0 comments: